[Dailydrool] Veterinarian who quit

Karen sparks_red at att.net
Mon Dec 14 12:00:27 PST 2009

 I have had first hand experience with a vet that seemed to be more
interested in the money he could make then treating my
gang.  I know that not all vets are like that.  Our Dr. Brown is a wonderful
vet who truly cares about his patients.  We are so very blessed to have him.

I also had Bazzle's ER vet last Christmas Eve that spent over two hours
soaking off his bandages and splint on top of doing major wound care when
the surgeon wrapped the leg to tight and the rechecks were not done
properly.  She  did everything in her power to keep the cost down and I was
so very grateful.  This is also an ER vet that had to talk to a  Momma that
wanted to make sure she knew knew how to handle his post surgical leg with
osteotomies on the radius and ulna as well as plate with 8 screws.
She actually hugged me when we picked Bazzle up because she had never
had a client tell her "If you don't know what you are doing
with this leg then tell me so I can take him to UC Davis".
She said that I was a Mom that truly cared about the well being of
their pet.

We all know that there is good and bad in every profession.  In my
51 years I have had only one bad one so I tend not to listen to what
one disgruntled vet (that is questionable IMO) has to say in a book.
I think that we are very lucky that he has decided not to practice.

Laura please don't let this jerk upset you.  We know that he wrote
this book for the $$$ he thought he could make.  He is just a fly by
night idiot.

Droolz,
Karen and The Dog House Gang