[Dailydrool] Carpet String and other butt related topics

Laura Tancredi tancgirl1980 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 15 10:36:04 PST 2009

Vikki -
Okay so of the top worst linear items for an animal to eat there is string (especailly with needle attached), fishing line with hook attached and....carpet string.  I'm so glad to hear that Spencer passed it.  What happens with these that is worse than other foreign objects in the tract is one end gets stuck at different points in the intestinal tract.  Think of the intestinal tract milking food through the tube with strong muscles.  The tract keeps trying to push the string through but it's stuck.  Like a sock that slides down your leg the intestines bunch up.  The string now is pulled very tight along the intestines and starts to cut through the intestines.  There is normal bacteria in the intestines and now there is a cut (or multiple) in the intestines allowing this bacteria into the abdomen.  Major infection insues and sometimes is fatal.  I'm sure alot of you guys already know about this stuff.  So Spencer and Vikkie you just got your Christmas
 miracle :)

Speaking of things coming out of butts....  Yesterday morning I come out of the bathroom all showered and clean and I hear a rustling... Flash has managed to pull every single piece of trash out of the bag that I was going to take out on my way to work.  Coffee grounds, old banana peels, tissues, etc all over the floor.  Ryu is all snuggled in my bed.  So Flash gets punished -  no treat before I leave and Ryu gets one.  Well I get home last night and we got out for our walk and what comes out of Ryu....coffee filter, papertowels, tissues.... Flash got three treats when we got back.  I can't believe Ryu was that smart to high tail it back to bed before I got out of the shower.  And he isn't even a Basset.  Now I think that Ryu is the one who got in the trash and Flash was just eating what Ryu got out.

Laura
Flash and Ryu