[Dailydrool] Blue Power question

Sally King sallyemking at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Dec 16 02:16:43 PST 2009

On Saturday I noticed Rolph had a stinky ear. This surprised me as I clean their ears regularly and his are never gunky, but Clara's always are.

Anyway, I made up a fresh batch of Blue Power (except I have to use Tea Tree oil as I can't get Gentian Violet) and started treating his ears twice a day. The smell has improved and now, after five days, no more horrible gunk is coming out.

So, my question is, how long should I keep it up? Should I continue twice a day for the week, then once a day, then tail it off, or should I stop sooner? I am desperate to avoid a visit to the vet while he is in between insurers, but I won't hesitate to take him if things get worse.

I would add, he was stratching at his ear the day I noticed the smell, but not since and apart from not liking having the stuff put in his ear, is showing no sign of being off colour or in pain.

Thanks
Sally, with Rolph and Clara, UK