[Dailydrool] A year ago today

Donna Mitchell dmitchell1065 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 19:06:45 PST 2009

Hi everyone,
I so enjoy the drool every single day.  I haven't posted in a year, since my
Daisy and Lilly escaped one year ago today.  Lilly was gone for 3 days and
nights during a terrible Northeaster snowstorm.  She found her way back to
us a year ago Christmas Eve, for that I am very thankful.  She is such a
beautiful soul.

I want to thank the people who contribute every single day, sharing their
stories, wisdom and knowledge.  In so many ways, I have learned so much
about my wonderful hounds.  I have a story to share.  Kind of simple, but
but warmed my heart to no end.

My husband was recently hospitalized for 10 days. During this time, it was
me and all the girls - Daisy, Lilly and 3 cats.  On the day my husband was
released from the hospital, we thought we would try to sneak him into the
house, unbeknown to the girls.

Ya, right.

Husband went to front door.  I let girls out of crates.  They go pee.  I let
husband in house.  Lilly, with the "magic snooter" came up the steps to the
door, her nose went straight in the air, and she let one hell of a howl out
of her.  She could smell my husband!  She looked, howled, and ran to where
he had just walked.  She ran to the back yard, howling, and barking.
Finally, I let her in the house.  She wouldn't stop that loud, oh so very
loud howly bark.  Until she found him.

Daisy was out on the deck wondering what all the ruckus was.  Go figure.

Same breed, two totally different noses.  To watch Lilly search and howl was
absolutely amazing.

Thank you all again for what you all contribute.

Donna, Daisy and Lilly Mitchell