[Dailydrool] People drive me crazy

Chris Bly jbly1 at kc.rr.com
Wed Dec 23 06:40:40 PST 2009

We get calls and emails daily of people wanting to surrender their hounds to our rescue. It is really getting tough for rescues to survive, we have been slinging multiple droolings to Daphneyland and Golden Gate Basset Rescues. People drive me crazy with their reasons for giving up their dogs. I had to move into an apartment and do not have time for my dog now. I have had my dog ten years but now all of a sudden I am allergic. I got a new baby and my dog is too much trouble. How much time and attention does a Basset Hound need?  I have 15 in my home and they are very happy sleeping on my couches most of the day. We had one lady who owns two companies that are very sucessful, plus she has acreage, servants, and three dogs of her own. She could have afforded to build her own kennel and hire people to care for her fathers bassets round the clock when he went into a nursing home. Do you think she would send us a donation for taking in her fathers dogs??  I told her I was unable to take in any more hounds, I lost my job and told her I could not take any more dogs and put the 17 other dogs in our care in financial jeopardy since our rescue finances are so fragile now. But when I heard they were both eleven years old and she would have to take them to the pound, soft hearted me went ahead and took them in two old men Bassets. People make me sooooo crazy. I am glad most of my friends have PAWS.
Chris Bly Rescue mom to 19
Western Missouri Basset Rescue, Inc.   wmbri.org