[Dailydrool] "commando" crawl

Laurie Zak ljza68tig at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 23 16:17:07 PST 2009

I just have to say that the "commando crawl" is one of those Basset traits that, for some inexplicable reason, fills my heart with such joy that I am practically in gleeful tears everytime one of our three makes the move! Our Max was the first to randomly do it,(years ago) and I would beg him to "do cirky (circus) dog for mama" every chance I could! Last summer, while I was away on a trip, foodslavedaddy Jeff taught him to do it on command as a surprise for me and needless to say, I was THRILLED! Now our new rescue baby Dottie also frequently does it (on her own) and we are rewarding the cuteness with much accolades in hopes that she will start doing it on command as well! I cannot explain just why it makes me so happy, it is just so darn cute to me for some reason!

foodslavemomperson Laurie

Max (you know,if i WAS a circus dog, i would probably be getting paid in doggie treats to do this dumb "trick"!)

Dottie (i love making my new forever mama happy!)

Annabelle (i'm hungry-where's todays new harness anyway?)