[Dailydrool] Rosie and bloat

beckyandgeorgie beckyandgeorgie at shaw.ca
Sun Dec 27 08:56:23 PST 2009

As esther said you were very lucky. When Miss Becky was about
9ish she had been down at park racing with other dogs.
She ate before she left cuz she was afraid we'd take her
a long way and one day she got hungry so she always stoked up
At twosh that night she brought up twice and started
whimpering - she never did that before or after.  I was
going to give her some pepsobismall but instead went
into the vet there. She wasn't in but the girl on desk said
she was booked up.  I waited and when vet came in
she took her immediately and told me what it was. I
said I can't live without her.  She
took xrays and operated .  She said her intestine had
telescoped and she had to cut a piece out which is
dangerous cuz some parts are where the food get
to body.The other vet there said she did a painstakingly
sewing job on her too.
Then she went too Emergency and stayed for seven
days till I was able to spring her.
Then back home I took her for walks and she was
still passing blood gushing stuff so the other vet at
same clinic.said 'Don't walk her too much - if she
was a human she'd still be in hospital.
Then the vet later put her on the metrozo......pill
and she got better. I lived in dread of it coming
back but she lived to be 15, four mo and 2 days.
So that is one of her horror stories  It's serious

Hope it helps
Georgie