[Dailydrool] Part 2: Mom's Hound ATB 12-25-09

Mr Shannon R Gerdel bassethoundbutler at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 10:02:23 PST 2009

Good morning everyone,

The email that I sent yesterday was a little confusing. I apologize for any
confusion that I caused. A Drooler asked me this morning, "Did she lose her
mom too as well as Tessie"?

The answer is yes. My Mom's Mother (My Grandma) passed away on December
16th. On Christmas day, my Mom's Coon Hound mix went to the Bridge. My Mom
was so beside herself on Christmas day that she sent me the following email
that morning:

"I'm afraid we lost Tessie this morning - her seizures were just not
controllable - Tom was up all nite with her.
They told us 13 months ago we might get a year and it's been worth the ride,
but I'm just too sad to talk today."

I knew Droolers would understand, as I have heard everyone who has lost a
hound to the Bridge say something like "I'm just too sad to talk today."

The got Tess from the Denver Dumb Friends League years and years ago. She
loved chasing squirrels, and barking "baying" at different things. Poor Tom.
I remember that he tried to take Tess to obedience school. He dropped out
because she was such an embarrassment to him. One day, Tom had an
appointment, and Tess got by him and went down to the end of the street to
the park. She got into the water , and the small pond like areas, Tom came
home later drenched, and not very happy.

Just shows that a hound is a hound is a hound!

My Mom and Tom really could use some encouragement. Please send them a card
to:

Tom and Pat Hynes
8580 E Bellewood Pl
Denver, CO 80237-2906

Thanks everyone. A new year, and a new decade.

Mr. Shannon R. Gerdel
3583 Meadowlark Drive
Casper, WY
82604