[Dailydrool] nose ability

saraberry at aol.com saraberry at aol.com
Tue Dec 29 02:53:59 PST 2009

In the field, the girls more frequently appear to out-think the males on the scent by working thoughtfully and methodically.  When the boys run against each other, they are more likely to jump fences or charge out ahead to get their advantage.  I also think depending on the nose work, it could vary, because my boys tend to work harder to please humans.  There are some exceptions to the rules, like TheBeaver works a very tight line and Patti's Delta can run all over a field opening.

If I had to rely on a dog to hunt with for food, I would definitely go with my Cissie girl.

Sara