[Dailydrool] Need guidance

Nancy Candray speedsterbasset at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 29 22:37:12 PST 2009

Well to make this basset related, Rambo the Shar Pei is Speedy's liddel brother (much to his terror)

Well Rambo came from Shar Pei rescue born to one the foster's Pet walker. He grew up with his brothers and he is completely dog friendly.  He we picked him up when he was 15 weeks.With me he bonded very quickly (actually a very funny story on that but that's for another day) with everyone else -totally different story.

To make a long story short, He is good about strangers being around him but don't let them get too close or try to touch him or his fear will turn into aggression. I need to find a way or a behaviorist to help me solve this problem. He already bit the vet and well now he is barking at my in-laws... He is VERY food motivated (I swear the Shar Pei I've had are part basset sometimes) so I'm hoping that I can find a way to desensitize him using food but I need to have "strangers" that are willing to work with him. I don't know if that makes any sense but I'd love to hear from anyone with suggestions

Nancy momslabe to
Speedy Speed Demon of the West OEBE
Ted (ATB)
and now Rambo