[Dailydrool] weight gain

Susan Kitz smkitz at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 29 22:44:23 PST 2009

Dear Jessica,  I could send my husband, he eats, the  bassets eat, he eats the bassets eat... you can see where this goes.  He has them eating out of forks and spoons no less.  However, you would have to feed him which can get pricey.  When Honey came home she weighed only 39 lbs and I added puppy food to her regular kibble.  I also kept the can  in or near the fridge to slip her a tablespoon now and then when Buttercup and Beau were not around.  The vet was delighted to see she had gained quite nicely to a 64 lb weight and now I am adding green beans as she is the first done, getting a bit plump.  and always looking for more as are Buttercup and Beau.  I know they are getting the proper amount of food but you would think I had them on half-rations they way the lick the bowls and search the entire kitchen for crumbs.  Buttercup and Honey have a lovely arhoo howl, Buttercup is quite vocal and Honey will join in with her but Beau always just barks, until today, the UPS truck came with the Flint River Ranch kibble and Beau sang out.  I knew it was him because I know the sound of the girls and this was a wall-shakingly loud bellow, that boy can sing!  Sue K