[Dailydrool] Need Advice

Ruth Beattie ruthie4042 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 1 23:23:01 PST 2009

This may seem silly to some folks, but I know I can ask my Drool friends for
some advice.  My 25-yr old nephew needs a place to stay and I am seriously
thinking of letting him live with me while he gets his life together
(divorce, loss of job, kids). However, Ms. Beasley is terrified of him and
cowers under the dining room table or huddled close to me when he is
around.  I am trying to have him come over more often to get her used to
him.  When he comes in he doesn't acknowledge her, just lets her be.  He is
a tall big man and that maybe what scares her.  I don't coddle her either,
just let her come out from under the table when she wants.  If I get up and
leave the family room, she rushes to be with me.  She actually shakes when
he is here.  I want to help my nephew obviously, we are family, but I am
afraid what this will do to Beasley.  Anyone got any advice?  You can email
me privately or respond via the Drool.  Thank you in advance for your help.

Ruthie Beattie
Ms. Beasley (Don't like him, no no no....He's WHAT...going to live in MY
house?)