[Dailydrool] Need Advice

R Groves dd-post at thegroves.net
Mon Feb 2 05:08:35 PST 2009

Have your nephew be the giver of the food, and the treatman, etc.. for a
while.. when she associates good things with him.. that will help calm her
fears.

He can help reduce her fear by sitting on the floor when he tries to give
treats.. thus not so big and towering.

He should use a clam tone at all times, doesn't matter if he's happy
excited, or angry, calm muted tones so that she's not further put into fear
from "the giant".  (LOL)

-Robert

  _____

Subject: [Dailydrool] Need Advice

However, Ms. Beasley is terrified of him and cowers under the dining room
table or huddled close to me when he is around.

She actually shakes when he is here.  I want to help my nephew obviously, we
are family, but I am afraid what this will do to Beasley.  Anyone got any
advice?