[Dailydrool] Bassets and tumors in their chests

hollypatrick at aol.com hollypatrick at aol.com
Wed Feb 4 08:40:29 PST 2009

I have been reading the Daily Drool for several years and thanks to all of you have conquered Benjamin's (now almost 10 years old) persistent skin and ear infections. Yesterday we had to put our Daisy to sleep because of a rapidly growing and incapacitating mass in her lung. It has been particularly hard because we only had her 10 days but we were lucky to have her as part of our family for 10 days. Anyway, our first basset William passed away 4 years ago from a mass in his chest too. At this point we're 2 for 3 and I'm wondering if this is a coincidence or if its part of loving a large chested breed?

Holly Patrick
Benjamin (10 in April)
Daisy ATB
William ATB