[Dailydrool] basset in church

jkrudolph5 at aol.com jkrudolph5 at aol.com
Sun Feb 8 13:51:11 PST 2009

This morning I was walking from choir practice in the church basement up to the choir loft. I went out the front door to get a bit of fresh air and I saw a big basset boy coming down the sidewalk across the street from the church. The church is located on?one of the busiest streets in the city and imagine my surprise when he crossed in the traffic by himself. I could not get to him as?I was on the top of the steps, but soon he was up the steps and went right into church! After walking up and down the aisles a few times the ushers and I managed to grab his collar and get him to the back. His name was Charlie and his phone numbers were on his tag. The owner came before long with his leash and said he was in a fenced yard and she had no idea how he escaped. He was a big hit with all the folks in the back of the chuch-very friendly. Snooters, Kathleen and Arthur of Canada