[Dailydrool] house training a basset

Shirley snoozinhounds at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 8 14:29:31 PST 2009

I suggest that since you have several days in a row off that you tether the
dog to you.  Where you are the hound is -this is a pain in the *&%  for the
human but it works.  Where ever you are the hound is.  You will need to take
him out several times a day and praise him like he just won the lottery  but
this method while stifling for the human works well for the dog.  I once
trained a dog in 3 days using this method.  The beauty of this method is
that it forces both the human and the dog to be observant of the dogs needs
and take him outside.  This is also you chance to choose the place where you
want the dog to eliminate since he is tetherd to you -you get to choose.
Good luck!

Shirley Mueller