[Dailydrool] Mr. Belvedere

Marilyn Burns mj_burns at bellsouth.net
Mon Feb 9 10:29:53 PST 2009

I received an email from a fellow basset hound owner who lives in the
Atlanta area.  Melissa and her husband Brad have two hounds - Mr. Belvedere
and Annabelle.  I asked if she had any objections to my posting this to the
Drool - as they are not "Droolers" - and she did not.  I felt the easiest
way to convey their dilemma was to post her email to me.

------"Please take a look at this and see if you know anyone who is
interested.  It is about our beloved Mr. Belvedere.  We love him so much and
hate to see him go, but he needs to be in a home with no children.  He
snapped at Bennett a couple weeks ago.  He did not bite him or anything but
we can not take the risk of something happening to our son.  It is not fair
to us, or Mr. Belvedere, to keep him.  We constantly have to make him move
any time the baby goes near him - and he has to be put up in his crate to
keep him away if only one of us is at home.    Please let me know if you
know anyone who can help.  He really is a sweetheart of a dog - and gets
along with other dogs.  I hate to split him and Annabelle up but Annabelle
is just as gentle as can be with the baby.

He is about 72 lbs - no health problems except being overweight- and his
birthday is 8/13/05.  He has an appt. get his rabies shot on March 14th and
I have all of his adoption and vet records.  I would be happy to still pay
for his rabies shot and 6 months worth of heartworm pills or more if you
needed me to.  He is crate trained or rings a bell on the door knob to go
outside.  He loves going outside and laying in the yard and watching the
cars and people as they go by.  He is not a barker." ------

A couple of additions to this sad story...  Mr. Belvedere is a tri-colored
hound.  He was purchased from a breeder in South Georgia and is absolutely
gorgeous.  Brad and Melissa do not want to simply "dump him" on a rescue at
this time if they can get a good home for him on their own.  If you know of
anyone who might be interested, please contact Melissa directly at
melbrad97 at yahoo.com.  Thanks.

Marilyn, loving Mom of Amanda Lynn and Bridgemates Samantha Sue and Bob
Burns