[Dailydrool] Reasoning with dogs

dpmcquade at juno.com dpmcquade at juno.com
Tue Feb 10 09:27:38 PST 2009

I have tried to reason with our hounds, especially on potty training. I might as well save my breath. I think the hounds only obey when they feel like it anyway. If you talk to them on a day when they were already thinking your request might be a good idea, you'll feel as if you got through to them. Otherwise, it's a complete waste.

On the other hand, talking to them might make YOU feel good. It's nice to try to communicate with your hounds. Just don't expect them to take anything as gospel.
Pam, with Drew, slaves and would-be trainers of the Dashing Bassets