[Dailydrool] heartworm and flea control

Cblatz Cblatz at zoominternet.net
Tue Feb 10 14:47:40 PST 2009

Marlene said:   DAMN  this really bothers me giving my dogs  " poison  "   no wonder dogs and
cats get cancer and liver disease  !    but I know heartworm is much worse.
nothing like being  between a rock and a hard place.

Sorry but I think Caner is much worse then heartworm.   And there is no law that says you have to
get the prevention from your vet or use what he recommends.

Where do you live?   Around here It isn't consistently warm enough at night for mosquitoes until June.  And generally done with the horrid things by October.
Are your dogs left out all the time.?   Are they out when mosquitoes are most active,?    Do you have a lot of standing water?

I haven't used internal or external poisons on my dogs (for either fleas or mosquitoes) in 20 years.  I have never had a positive heartworm test or more then an occasional flea.
Have you read up on how hard it is for a dog to get Heartworms?

There are natural means of controlling pests that are far safer for your dogs.

Cathy Blatz
www.summerhilldachshundsandbassets.com
http://www.geocities.com/clubbasset/index.html
http://www.dachshund-wpdc.org/