[Dailydrool] Westminster, showing

Karla Kollasch kollasch at aps.edu
Wed Feb 11 08:50:32 PST 2009

Hi fellow droolers! I usually am a lurker but have been a drooler for years.....

I have to say that although Noodles was robbed (how adorable was she!) I was happy with the best of show pick....I was impressed with them picking an 'old man', and he could still work the room! He was so sweet. I also cried when I watched Uno with the girl in the wheel chair and the Iraq veteran. All in all a great show this year!

We just got our first 'show' basset in July, we got him as a pet because his testicles hadn't descended, then lo and behold at about 12 weeks, there they were! We decided to delve into the realm of showing and started in Hobbs, NM a couple weeks ago. Tangerine took Winner's dog his first day and reserve winners the second day. His mom the novice show handler didn't screw up enough to keep him from doing well, so that's good.

It's been fun learning about the show process and I'm totally hooked!  Our other hounds and the wanna be are all rescues and are happy they don't have to go to dog class like little brother does.

I also think Tangerine is an OEBE candidate, can someone email me the qualifications for membership!

Karla in ABQ
Houndies Maggie, Solomon, Tangerine and wannabe Baby