[Dailydrool] Susan Randolph is in BIG TROUBLE

V. Tata-Phillips my4hounds at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 12 16:12:26 PST 2009

So Susan Randolph innocently ordered my BASSETKU book.  I promised to entertain and enthrall.

I innocently ordered her You Had Me At Ahroo and can't even get past page 5 without sobbing and sobbing.

Now my husband is in Afghanistan and the bad guys are acting up.  My girls are far away in San Francisco and Washington D.C., foolishly trying (AND SUCCEEDING) in leading lives without me.  I am about to turn 50.  My old heart and soul dog is 14 and can't be long for this earth - altho he is doing just great!  Then I receive this beautiful and heart-wrenching, soul-quenching book about DROOLERS and their dogs.  I have only read 5 pages.  When I can stop crying I will read 5 more.

Susan Randolph is in big trouble.  But I love her and all of you!  I hope I never need you.  I hope I don't loose a dog or a husband or a job.  But you are the most wonderful group of people and are so supportive of those who have experienced the forementioned tragedies recently.

Then I receive the crazy photos like I did today of Margaret Honnold's Hollyberry killing a roll of toilet paper!  Then I receive a book like You Had Me At Ahroo which makes me cry (in a good way!).  Next I think of the 94 of you who sent holiday greeting to The Colonel, far away from home at Christmas, who brightened one soldier's day.

Love you all.  Get Susan's book if you have not already.  Get one of my books too - just to support Basset Rescue - not to make you cry!  Say prayers for our men and women serving overseas.  And love up those Bassets - it is what they were made for and they deserve no less!
GinnyTata-Phillips, co-author of DOGKU, PETKU and the all Bassets all the time BASSETKU!

 EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOODJoin me