[Dailydrool] the emaciated basset on Annie's Flickr page

Leanne Potts leanne.potts at gmail.com
Sat Feb 14 20:53:10 PST 2009

Claire:
The extremely thin basset you saw on the Flickr page is named Lucinda. We
got her in last fall from a cruelty case in Blount Co., Tenn. She was nearly
dead from starvation when she came in and heartworm positive. She had been
left outdoors with no shelter in single-degree temps. She was pregnant,
unbeknownst to her neglectful owners, and she had the puppies out in that
pen and they froze to death. That's when we got her. On top of all her other
problems, she had heartworms.

She is now back to a normal weight and ready to begin heartworm treatment.

You can see her on our web site, here:
http://www.bellyrubs.org/lucinda.html

Thanks for asking about her. We've had a absolute run of seriously
abused dogs in the last six months.

Leanne Potts
President, Belly Rubs Basset Rescue