[Dailydrool] sympthany and sorrow

Richard Schmeltz richard_schmeltz at sbcglobal.net
Sat Feb 21 10:54:47 PST 2009

>> For your abusers I ask  for suffering from now to eternity <<<

The desire for just punishment of such horrid acts is human, and understandable. Sadly, no matter how terrible the retribution, it cannot eliminate what these poor animals have already experienced.

A prayer for retribution might well be heard, and granted. On the other hand, so might a prayer for enlightenment and empathy, that ALL will come to know and understand no such act must ever again be committed against a helpless creature. I know it's a long shot, but that's what I'll pray for, and work for, after I pray for the recovery and comfort of the victims.

The world can be a dark place, true enough. All the more reason to look for the light, and try to bring it to bear.