[Dailydrool] Hoarder Raided in KY: Bluegrass Basset Rescue Needs Help!

froggie0310 at bellsouth.net froggie0310 at bellsouth.net
Sat Feb 21 12:41:48 PST 2009

Officials raided a guy's property in Columbia, KY, and pulled more than 200 animals of all varieties--including livestock.  A gal who does rabbit rescue went to the shelter where they were being off-loaded and said there were at least 3 purebred bassets she saw, as well as many mixes.  They do not believe this was a puppymill situation--just a whole lot of unneutered/unspayed animals breeding.  BBR wants to be able to pull the bassets if the court awards them to the shelter (and the rabbit rescue girl will grab them as soon as word comes down) but we need a place to put them.  We probably have enough funds to house them for a about week and get shots done, if nothing else, but we have no foster homes that can take any.  If anyone out there from another rescue has room, or anyone out there has a few dollars for additional days of kenneling for the ones we'll take, please email Susan at froggie0310 at bellsouth.net.

Thanks,
Susan
BBR, Inc