[Dailydrool] Kelvin's dental and update

Carmen Kraus kdbeads at verizon.net
Wed Feb 25 16:37:24 PST 2009

Kelvin weighed in at 49 pounds today!!  Total of 15 pounds from
12/4/08.  Vet would like to see 2 or 3 more on him so we'll keep working
on it.  No extractions, even after they said there would have been
though he does have deep gum pockets we have to keep an eye on and the
gum disease but other than that he was mostly fine.  He was dehydrated
and it looks as if he was given a bag of fluids.  Hubby picked him up
and didn't ask anything and by the time I got home the vet was already
closed so I'll call in the morning to double check everything on the
blood work.

When I dropped him off this morning I weighed him in and put him in his
kennel, perk of having so many big dogs I guess.  But he didn't want to
go in the kennel, I finally got him in and the face he gave me.... OMG
it was horrible!  It was like he was giving up and I wasn't keeping him,
then he backed into the corner and wouldn't let me pet him.  I've left
terrified animals at the vet before, including bassets but this was the
first time one of them refused to let me pet them.  The vet actually let
me pull my cats since they are such a handful and never have I ever had
one do anything like this and one of them has been through far worse
than Kelvin could possibly imagine.  Hubby said it took a bit for them
to get him pulled when he picked him up too so the poor thing must have
really been upset.

Now he's fine, same little velcro dog as always.

Carmen