[Dailydrool] Does this stop your basset?

Mary Wilson mewilson at shaw.ca
Wed Feb 25 20:15:41 PST 2009

Today when Vernon Q Basset, Paddi B Basset and I were taking our morning constitutional around the neighbourhood, I was struck by a curious phenomenon.

Should it happen that Vern's lease (or Paddi's, for that matter) gets somehow twisted around and ends up under Vern's tail, he will go no further. He simply stands until the leash is removed, then proceeds as normal.

Does everybody's basset do that, or is this a Vern Thing? It never seems to slow Paddi B down, but then nothing does... that would be in most cases how the leash ends up twisted around Vernon Q's dignified bottom in the first place!

Mary, Paddi B and Vernon Q (who would really prefer that his bottom not be discussed on a public list.)