[Dailydrool] Funny fings we bassets do - we need a liddle laff

Karen sparks_red at att.net
Fri Feb 27 09:47:41 PST 2009

Abby Gale here to report and yes I use spell check unlike them other gals here.  I will tell you the story of the monster in the backyard.  Yes this monster torments all of the Gang.  Why he (we think it is a he) is a big grey squirrel.  Now you might not think that this would qualify as a monster but he is bigger than our 10 lb Gregor kitty.  Why the first time the Momma caught of glimpse of him she thought it was the kitty.  I am here to tell you that if we ever got our chompers on this one it would be a mouthful.  Forget a snacky he is a couple of meals.

So anywho this big squirrel monster gets in our big maple trees and plots against us.  When we come out the door to sniffy or do our private business it starts.  Yes he attacks by throwing things down on us.  Why you would think that the sky was falling.  I think that he gathers his weapons while we sleep.  He pummels us with sticks and nuts and even little rocks.  Yes he does.  Of course we bark bark bark our displeasure and then bark some more and he laughs...okay he chitter as Momma says.  So then we try to get up that tree but even the Empress Long Legs Ruby Doo can't reach him.  Then he really starts teasing us.  He runs down the tree jumps on the roof and laughs at us some more then he runs up the other tree...and it starts all over again.

One of these days the Gray Monster gonna grow some of them Chrissmus Ballz that Brudder Elwood speaks of and have a face to face with us.  Then the fun is really going to happen and mabe we will have that Monster Meal we have been dreaming of the past couple of years.

We are sending Drool to all in need.  I am drooling just thinking of  the monster.
Abby Gale of The Dog House Gang