[Dailydrool] Chiropractors

Cheryl Stafford cstaffordmail at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 12:43:57 PST 2009

Bev
My vet is a Holistic one as well as a conventional Dr.  She has done
acupuncture and chiropractic adjustments on every dog I have had owned.
Whenever anyone limps, gets stiff or has a jammed shoulder they go in
for an adjustment and walk out 100% again.  I always went for the
adjustment over any pain meds and have never had a problem.  She just
deals with the skeletal system when she is doing an adjustment.  It is
referred to as Musculoskeletal Therapy on the vet records.  We were
afraid Otter had pano when he was  younger so we took him in and she did
some adjustments on him and he stopped limping.  Radar jumped off the
step and jammed his shoulder.  We took him in, she adjusted his shoulder
and worked down his back, no more limping.
I had a lab that had acupuncture to support her kidney function.  It
worked wonders for her.  My Malamute has developed a touch of arthritis
in her hips.  A little manipulation and she is quite the spry 12 year
old.  Another vet said she was in amazing shape for a "geriatric" dog.
We won't tell Kita she is "geriatric" for fear of offending her!
I teased my husband for needing a doctor to cure his sore neck, but I
never once hesitate to have my babies adjusted.
I don't have specifics, but I would never hesitate to try a
chiropractor.  It won't hurt.

Cheryl
Otter, Radar and Kita (all love getting adjusted)