[Dailydrool] she ate what?

Sabrina brii at sprynet.com
Fri Feb 27 20:52:27 PST 2009

When we adopted Ellie in October, she was really chubby; she has lost
a few pounds but is still overweight. And she's always after anything
that she can eat - counter cruising, licking out the other dogs'
empty bowls, etc. This morning I was in the backyard looking down, as
dog owners are prone to do, when I saw what looked like dog poop that
had been rolled in birdseed. What is that, I wondered? And then I
remembered the bag of birdseed. I went back into the house and out
the front door; under the bird feeder was a bag of birdseed that had
been rolled closed, sufficient to keep the birds out. But I found it
open, the opening shaped like a horse's feed bag. . .  or a Basset's.
Ellie must have opened the bag, stuck her head in, and guzzled bird
seed. Yuk! How could that taste good??

Sabrina Nicholls, Ellie, Buddy, + Hailey
Calhoune and Brendan ATB