[Dailydrool] Minivan

surferdogs at comcast.net surferdogs at comcast.net
Sat Jan 3 10:48:38 PST 2009

Since I asked the question, I thought I'd fill you in. I decided to stay with another Sienna. I have really liked the one I have, it's rated #1 by Consumer Reports, and I wanted all wheel drive. So, on Monday the new BUV comes home, with all the bells and whistles. The hounds can even watch DVDs if they want. Or I can, if we have some down time at a show.

I did look at several other minivans, and I took a look at the Ford Flex. Nice car, but not enough room for us - the seats all fold flat but the height from that level to the roof isn't enough for the Newfe or Saint to stand up. The Volkswagen Routan has a smooth ride, but the steering wheel was too far away from me - it was uncomfortable and no telescoping steering column. I like design of the dash better in the Sienna than the Town and Country or Dodge, but the T&C is otherwise comfortble with a smooth ride. So, some of it just comes down to aesthetics and personal preference. But, I'm looking at it every day, so I want to like it.

Thanks to everyone for their opinions. It's great to be able to ask a large group of people, with similar needs, what they like and don't like about things. Researchers and professional reviewers don't always ask the right questions for what I need. I read every email and took it all into consideration.

So, many thanks from the hounds and me for all the advce. I think I may take the Newf with me Monday to pick up the ne Sienna, just for the fun of it. I'd take Kahuna, but there is a chance he'd try to mark all the cars, desks, etc.

Synthia
Bud, Barney, Kahuna, Zuma, Pearl
Ace the Newf
Baja the Saint