[Dailydrool] Lenny

Jan Marchlewski jan3luski at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 13 06:10:06 PST 2009

Hey Lenny!

This is Lenny.  I'm not a short-legger like my sisters - I look a lot like that Marley character.  When I was a pup like you, the vetman told my momma that I had very severe hips.  They suggested total hip replacement for both hips since this surgery called an FHO would not work for a dog my size.

Anyway momma takes me to see another doctor.  He told momma that a FHO might work on me even though I was a big dog.  I had that surgery on my right hip just after my 1st birthday.  Within 3 months I jumped through a storm door to protect my little sister Lady.  Six months after my surgery I jumped out the window of the buv.  It's been almost three years since my FHO surgery.  Oh there are days when I ache but I can still jump and run and play.  I haven't been on any pain meds for hip pain for a long time.

I guess what I'm trying to tell you Lenny is not to give up on your hips.  Keep strong.  Take your meds when you need them.

Your name is Lenny and you're a little fighter.