[Dailydrool] massage

Reed and Becky Pomeroy rebec at execpc.com
Tue Jan 13 10:33:05 PST 2009

I take advantage of both professional and amateur doggy massage.
Around here there are vendors at most dog shows who do human and K-9
massage.  Back when I was showing Oprah, She hurt her leg and after
it healed, she would tend to favor it at times, not want to keep that foot
back where it belonged in the "stacked" position.  I took
her to the massage lady after judging one Saturday becuase Oprah was fussy
with that leg.  Julie gave her a good massage, adn said there was
definately some knots in that leg.  Oprah was not at all sure she
liked having that lady poke and prod at her leg, but she put up with
it.  The next day she showed just fine.  After that she had a
few more show weekend massages, with possitive results and she learned to
just LOVE going to see auntie Julie.

On the amateur side, I
have always massaged my girls when they are in labor and they seem to
really appreciate it.  I concentrate on the muscles to either side of
the spine.  When Syndi was in labor and having problems with
infrequent contractions, I had to take her to the vetspital for
help.  The vet and I sat on the floor on blankets and whelped several
pups before being sent  home (this was when she birthed one in the
McDonald's drive-thru.)  Anyway, I discovered that by massaging a
certain area on her back I could stimulate contractions, making it
possible to finish the whelping with less use of oxytocin.

Massageg is great.

crazy basset lady.
MAKE
DROOL NOT WAR

Please take time to visit these websites:
Rebec Bassets at www.rebecbassets.com
(
http://my.execpc.com/~rebec/ )
Basset Buddies Rescue, Inc. at