[Dailydrool] tanking up

V. Tata-Phillips my4hounds at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 4 06:30:25 PST 2009

My 4 younger dogs seem to drink a bit all day long but my 14 year old boy drinks a whole bowl of water after every meal.  And I add warm water to all of their meals so they think they are getting a home cooked meal!  I do not remember Charles doing this the entire 12 years he has been with us, but he certainly has done it the past 2 years.  Also if the water is not fresh - he sniffs it and gives me a disdainful look til I rinse out the bowl and give him fresh water - then he drinks the whole bowl.  Yes - the same dog who drinks out of outside fountains and toilets will only drink fresh water from his water bowl!
GinnyTata-Phillips, author of DOGKU and PETKU