[Dailydrool] Tanking up/gassing up

Opal-Deitering, Gaylene gaylene at umich.edu
Mon Jan 5 13:18:18 PST 2009

Happy New Year!  I haven't been able to catch up on any of my November or December drools yet, so please forgive me for not sending out condolences prior to this.  So many houndies got to spend Christmas in heaven, while their people were left with a hole in their hearts.  Please accept my prayers for your comfort.
On tanking up, my Sassy does this, and then has to hold it all night long.  Clover, who is the house dog during the day, doesn't feel confident about drinking when we leave, unless she knows the back door is open to her fenced yard.  She won't drink all day in the winter, but in the summer she doesn't have a problem drinking as much as she wants so long as she can pee.  Smart old girl has figured out that if she drinks she has to pee, so she doesn't drink until she knows that she can.  She is 12, and the older she gets the smarter she gets!
As for gas, my Brutie is the guy with the sensitive stomach.  When he starts licking the carpet and eating fur bunnies, I know that he is bloating and that he needs his simethicone.  Then I leash him, and sit with him rubbing his tummy and preventing him from eating junk that will cause him to blow up and torsion.  When I finally start hearing gut noises about 15-20 minutes later, I know that the worst is over for HIM, but that the worst is just beginning for US.  Talk about a horrible smell!
Loved the story about Elder Clara ripping a$$ when the boys landed on her.  Too funny!

Gaylene Opal-Deitering
My passions do not replace my relationship with God, but are instead a reflection of it!