[Dailydrool] Kit Kitteridge movie & bassets

dpmcquade at juno.com dpmcquade at juno.com
Wed Jan 7 06:48:17 PST 2009

<<It does seem, though, as if bassets have escaped being desired after the American Girl movie that came out last year. At least I haven't heard anything about bassets being the new "It" dog thanks to Kit Kitteridge.>>

Though the story about Kit rescuing the basset is very touching, the hound's part in the movie was rather small and inactive (well, it is an older dog, but as we all know, even the old ones can get up to trouble and excitement). I think because there wasn't a lot of excitement surrounding the hound, it did not fuel the "I have to have a basset" furor.

All that being said, it is still a wonderful movie. I recommend it highly. And I'm glad that it did not cause wholesale demand for the bassets!
Pam, with Drew, food slave to the Dashing Bassets