[Dailydrool] A Question

Ruth Mayberry ram.berry at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 7 12:50:53 PST 2009

Deb,

Dis be known in my househode as "da barkfest"

It not be done ebberday, but priity offen--methinks
dis be fun--gibs a hound sumpin ta do besides
sittin round waitin fur dem lazy slabes ta get offen
dey butz ta gib me a walk...ummm--dat be nuffer
story...

anywayz first one two legger starts in, den I starts in,
den anobber two legger starts in, den da hole fambly
be doin it!  Den dey all say Awwwww, Huck!  Den dey
all hug me, den it starts all obber agin....heeheeheehee

Den dere be me obber explain--

"Aww, do ya haf ta ask??!!  Acauze we CAN datz why!!!

Lubs and Drool to awl,
huckle da bewwy

Anyway, my daughter then asked me, "How come Bassets do that?  The Bell Hound thing, I mean."  I had no idea what to tell her and searched the archives for the answer and came up with nothing, so does anybody know why they do that?  (Leave it to a kid to ask, I know!).
Deb