[Dailydrool] Elder Clara's vet visit

basetsavr5 at aol.com basetsavr5 at aol.com
Wed Jan 7 17:10:54 PST 2009

Momma here, Sister Daisy and Elder Clara had the semi annual vet appt. last night, always a real trial getting Elder Clara out the door, she gets so upset, but as we must, off we go. We take Sister Daisy at the same time as a comfort to Clara. As usual a busy nite at Doc's so many emergency cases-bloat-puppies- you know busy. Clara actually did fairly well, held her screaming down to a minimum, only peed a gallon on the floor once, for Clara she did well. But we were gone quite some time and the boyz had been stuck in the cages, the dinner bowl was waaay late. We had a plan as we pulled in, hubby would unload the girls, I would hustle in and feed the guys. Well, hubby had backed in and lifted the hatch, and was lifting Daisy out and out of what must of been the moon, Elder Clara jumped out of the hatch. Clara that has 2 inch legs and weighs 70 pounds.
You did read that didn't you?
Clara and jumping don't go together, not at all. Hubby yelled, I seen it all happen, Clara came down face first-we think she was trying for front paws first, and that didn't happen. She got herself righted, and got in the door and her back legs went out, she was dragging her back-end across the floor. Hubby now has tears rolling down his face, he kept saying she broke her legs, they were just dragging behind her as she pulled herself in the kitchen. I touched her back end and she screamed, but I was able to upright her for a minute before she fell again. Then we made it to 3 legs, but I had to get everyone calmed down before we could check more. Nothing felt broke, she quit screaming, got hubby under control, Clara is laying down. I left her be a few minutes, let her collect herself, she tried again, she was on all 4's but a front paw gave way and she fell again.? Well after about 20 minutes we got Clara going, she was walking, on all 4 paws, but at her age we sure were worried about the after effects of all this. I finally let the boys out and let me tell you, Elwood and Jake did the sniff test. Front to rear, and Bless Ol Elder Clara, she roared at them an gave a wonderful gas bomb. I gave her some more of her Derramaxx and got her to her perch, to bed. I got up at 4'30am this morning to be with her-I was up, she was not-but as I got the bowls ready, her eyes opened, and here came my girl, tail up, snapping at Jake, on all 4 paws. I have said thank you to the big DOg many times today, she is one tuff girl. And she might be the newest OEBE--Queen of Farts, but actually she is my Queen of Hearts.
I sure am glad we can pass on asking for drool!!!!? Oh yes--good vet reports all around!!

Drool to all in need

Debbie Winchester
Offical Food Slave and Drool Mop Queen to
Ol' Bob, Elder Clara, Sister Daisy, Brudder Jake
Brudder Elwood OEBE
Instigator of Evil Deeds
Virginia Beach Basset Hounds