[Dailydrool] this and that

Anna P angelicpawlosia at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 8 18:59:31 PST 2009

Ok, so now I have more time on my hands and can write a proper update on Pepe and my son (crazy how my son loves Pepe - I am so proud of him...well...maybe not when he's trying to pull Pepe's ear or poke him in the eye only because he learnt the word "eye" lately and he says it along with pointing at it).

I was way behind the DD messages. One reason was job and contract negotiating. I was busy thinking and worrying about it but yesterday I signed a new 2 year contract and it seems we're staying here for a bit longer than we originally planned.
Anyway.
Me and my son went to Hong Kong for several days for Christmas and my husband was traveling to Nigeria for business so I had no choice but to leave Pepe at the same boarding place he lived at when we went to Poland in May. They took good care of him and I knew they would again, but still couldn't help the tears when was leaving Pepe there...

The day we came back we went straight to the boarding place to pick Pepe up. Oh boy, what a joy! Seeing Pepe's happy face, Pepe doing basset 500 and the people telling me what a good boy he is and how happy they were to look after him.
No worries there :-)
Since then Pepe is glued to me (even more than before if that's even possible) and doesn't want me to leave the house without him...even when I am going to work...he gives me this look that breaks my heart...it's like telling me "how can you LEAVE me...stay...play....and give me belly rubs".

When I am at home Pepe and my son are such joy to watch - Sebastian the 2-legger picks up every chance to play with Pepe. Whenever it's a ball, or Pepe's bed or anything else really. Sebastian also likes to roll on the floor next to Pepe and he does regardless of Pepe's mood. If Pepe is just taking a nap I have to watch them real close as Pepe doesn't like an intruder in his bed and growls (Pepe doesn't growl at me when I approach him when he's asleep). Fortunately my son doesn't like the sound of it and quickly moves away...for a moment and then does the same thing again - rolls next to Pepe or even tries to sit on Pepe...gee...it's really exhausting for me:-)
It's real fun to watch them though. I even made a video before Christmas of Sebastian "taking a ride" on Pepe's bed while Pepe dragging it...too funny. I will try to upload it on youtube and share it with you...really funny:-)

As it took me some time to catch up with drool here is some things I want to say to the droolers:

1. Shelby the foster - I am so happy you settled down with your foster family. You're a sweet girl and you deserve all the best!
2. Brandie - your boyfriend did a great job this Christmas! Wow, an awesome story, really. You must be so happy and Stewie is so lucky to have great people like you 2 for his parents.
3. Brudder Elwood - I know it's a little late but Happy Gotcha Day! It's great that hounds in need like yourself get to live with great families like yours. You're an awesome hound with awesome adventures and we're thankful for that!
4. Bufford! Happy Birthday! 10 is such a special birthday I hope you got the cat:-))) and everything else from the list!
5. Kelvin - I watched his video on youtube Carmen, and he's looking so great. Plus I really loved his voice. So deep and loving when he replied every word you said:-)
Also Carmen congrats on Gus and Kelvin behavior over chips. Great job you're doing training them.
6. Synthia! Congratulations on your new addition Pearl. I wish you great moments together! And looking forward to reading about them :-)
7. WOW what a great story on Holly Noelle! Susan you're so lucky to become a mom and grandmom at the same time. 9 buppies must be a handful. Holly Noelle is lucky to have you and all the help she received from all the doctors and people who care about her. Job well done!
8. I had a great laugh when I saw Cody on the treadmill. The picture is hillarious! Thanks for posting it!
9. Thank you droolers for the great animal stories posted too. I really enjoyed the article on Beryl the basset and Wol the owl...Amazing huh? Just as amazing as the story on Bella and Tara....how they fell for each other is just beyond my understanding, but what's great about it is that they truly care for each other! I enjoyed the video tremendously and I wish people were more like them...no prejudice, no judgement.
10. Marley and me - I wanted to watch the movie but I am not going to. Thank you for the warning droolers. I just can't...I am traumatized after watching a movie "The color purple" which has nothing to do with animal treating (although there are some animals in it). I sobbed so loud I woke Pepe and my son. I cried my eyes out and it was about humans treating each other...I am a softie too and I just can't watch animals being hurt or hurting due to diseases...I just can't. It hurts me too bad and I know it's only on the screen...I still can't.

Last but not least I wanted to express how sorry we are to hear about Lynx the kitty. Please accept our condolences...

We are sending drool to all, especially to Earl (Joni I hope he is feeling way better!), Tucker and Mabel! I wish Mabel's vet was more caring...maybe it's best time to check out other vets and other options...

I am sorry if I left something or somebody out.

Drool to all

Anna, Pepe and Lulu ATB

p.s. I am sorry about Nigel's food disappointment Bev:-) (It was Nigel right? I hope I didn't mix thing up)

      New Email addresses available on Yahoo!
Hurry before someone else does!