[Dailydrool] Dysons and Hertworm Meds

Georgia Powers georgiapowers at comcast.net
Sun Jan 11 16:27:19 PST 2009

Hi-- I guess everyone's experience is different. We LOVE the Dyson and
HATE the Oreck!! Our Oreck kept burning through belts almost everytime
we used it. And at that time we only had a non-shedding poodle so dog
hair was not the problem. Dog hair WAS a huge problem my first week
with Eugene when I thought I would go crazy over his hair everywhere--
especially on our dark carpeting in the family room . Getting the
Dyson and seeing how it picked up everyone of his hairs ( as well as
the cat's ) gave me hope that I could live with his shedding and now 2
years later, the machine still works great. We paid more for the
"animal" model, but never have used the special pet hair
attatchments, so I don't think that is necessary.

Re: heartworm meds, we have always had vets that redo the test every
year on the theory that some people may miss a dose, whatever, during
the year. I have always suspected that this might just be a way to get
more revenue, but we always have an annual test before we get our
heartworm medicine for the year. Supposedly, if your dog does have
heartworm and you give him a dose of preventative, it can be very
serious. Again I don't know that this is true. Recently, I've noticed
the vets have been recommending year round heartworm dosing, even here
in Chicago where we have cold winters. Again,  I do it, but I don't
know if it's necessary. I never want to look back and feel that I
compromised my animals' health so I put my trust in the vet's advice
usually.

Georgia and Eugene