[Dailydrool] Our Moderator, Norma, from the UK

Susan Green suzyvette at satx.rr.com
Mon Jan 12 06:21:51 PST 2009

Recently it came to our attention that a member of the DD family had posted some untrue information about Norma and her Basset Hound, Pw Angel, to another group.

Norma very nicely has asked her to correct the statements that were made.

Rather than going into details, here are the basics.....

Pw Angel got ill because she ate a poisoned vole, not because of her breeding.  Pw Angel, was bred by Norma's sister, a show breeder (and judge) in Scotland.

Most of you know Pw Angel's story, but if not you can read about it in the archives.  Here is the link to August 2008 and you will find 3 posts about 3/4 of the way down that tells the story of her first 3 years.....

http://lists.dailydrool.org/pipermail/dailydrool-dailydrool.org/2008-August/date.html

The reason that this information was posted to another group is because the moderators choose, as a group, to stay away from a controversial topic many months ago.  It was NOT Norma's decision alone, it takes a majority vote.  The topic was not just about Basset Hounds, and I can't count the complaints we get when we go off topic on the Daily Drool.

The incorrect information posted to the other list also suggested that we, as a group, supported the program that started all this.  The Daily Drool is not a political group and supports nothing other than Basset Hound rescue.  Most of our members are owned by rescued Basset Hounds.

Only a small percentage of our members are breeders or have show dogs.  We LOVE having them as a part of our family, but know that they use this forum more for entertainment than information.  They have other forums that they belong too where the talk is serious.  But their knowledge has helped us many times and is always welcome.

This post is just to set the record straight.  If you have a comment or question you may email any of the Moderators off list.  You can email us as a group at dailydrool-moderators at dailydrool.org

Suz
DD Moderator