[Dailydrool] Please welcome Cleo

Bill billa_1 at msn.com
Mon Jan 12 06:35:13 PST 2009

Janie and I are proud to announce the addition of Cleo to our home.
High Country Basset Hound Rescue has approved us and Cleo is our 1st foster!
To show you how busy the shelters are now, they first had Cleo listed as a boy, Hector.  Apparently no one had the time to double check and realize the "he" is a "she".
No problem, I was willing to help any hound in need.
Cleo is listed as being 8 years old.  I think she may be a little younger and maybe not a full blooded Basset.  Of course, I'm no expert, but she is a little "doll".
Her snout is very long and a little pointed, and her belly isn't as spotted as most Bassets I've known, but she has Basset traits.
After Jeremy (from the rescue) left, Cleo cried, ahrooed and carried on for about an hour.  She settled down after a bit, with help from treats and a lot of cuddling.  Ahrooing is not usual around here, Janie only does it in her sleep.  Cleo has a beautiful voice.
She slept on a comforter at the foot of my bed last night.  I moved Janie over so there was room for Cleo, but she just curled up on the comforter and didn't budge all night.  This morning Cleo was up with me, had breakfast, and did her job out in the new snow before Janie even came downstairs.  Different clocks, no doubt.
I'm looking forward to our morning walk.  There's 2 or 3 inches of new snow and I've never walked 2 Bassets at one time.
When I have a chance, I'll try to make a Dogster page for Cleo, meanwhile, Welcome Cleo!!
Happy woofs,
Janie Anne (Colorado Mt Basset) & Bill

Sad woofs for Doc Holiday and his Family