[Dailydrool] debarking and hyperparathyroidism

Lisa Turnquist turnq007 at umn.edu
Wed Jan 14 08:57:37 PST 2009

Just a comment if you have a debarked basset.  According to our vet, if the
debarking was done poorly there may be issues with the dog's airway that you
should be aware of.  It may cause problems if your dog needs to be
anesthetized.  I think it would be a wise to have this checked before an
emergency comes up.

Has anyone had a basset with hyperparathyroidism?  We have a new foster in
our group that may have it.  I would appreciate hearing any experiences with
this problem and any advice!

Thanks

Lisa and the MN Woofers

Ella Maire, Sidney and Hank (not a foster anymore!)