[Dailydrool] Stepping back and Chuckling

Heather Lessely heather.lessely at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 14 08:19:56 PST 2009

Dear Droolers,
I can't help it, I'm just laughing at us as a group right now. I have been a member of the Drool since the end of 2000 when I was at the end of my rope with my new basset puppy Wendell - the DD was exactly what I needed and the relationships I have from the group are now going on 9 years strong.

We always have these little tussles and people get offended and others insist on sending nasty emails and its all very silly. We have lost some long time members to these situations and then we gain more. I have several saved emails from our brilliant, wonderful folks on the DD that would have been posted to the Digest, except at the time they were needed, there was some sort of war going on and someone wasn't speaking to "the group" but was still willing to help or comfort me.

I don't post often anymore, actually haven't since the OEBE and BABES were banished from the list and to the boards (which was way too difficult for me to keep up with, personally)- Wendell was one of the original OEBEs and Probert was an early BABES (even though he's a boxer). But I read some posts and skip others daily when I can. I actually skip the vacuum discussions (sorry, those of you that write about vacuums, I just don't have any interest, I'm happy with mine). I'm glad that there are those that have fun with the drool and those that use it for information. I use it for both. Depending on my day, I use it for both.

We are not just a family - we are a very BIG family. We are diverse, we are opinionated. And we have members that write very well and those who write like me (I write like I speak here- I'm a Chicaagoan - though I also write business articles and reports to clients and prospects). And we have those that write like their bassets... I do it sometimes, when one of them must speak. I don't think anyone really has much trouble with it.....

I finally had to go back and read Sylvie's original post - which I skipped the first time through because I know what I think of animal welfare and animal rights (sorry Sylvie, no offense meant, I have had my experience with animal rights and am already on board with you). And that's why I'm laughing. Why did her post cause so much fall out? From what I've read, our biggest "bassetese" authors have little problem with what was written and Sylvie apologized anyway. Nobody should feel the need to leave the list, but if that's their decision, that's their decision.

I tried really hard not to add to this nonsense - but I couldn't help it - everyone take a step back,  look at the situation, and see the humor in it. We're 3000 members that mostly don't even really know each other and we're fighting over whether our amazing angels speak and write proper English - bwahahahahahahahahahahaha

Heather
Slave at the Chicagoland Regional Headquarters of the Order of the Evil Basset Empire (formerly the MoonZoo)
Pw. Wendell W. Bottom, OEBE Viceroy, Bailey Mackenzie OEBE Evil Enchantress, Probert BABES Pugilist and Sparkey and Bilbo the Cats