[Dailydrool] What the drool means to me!

Dana Shumaker danashu at verizon.net
Wed Jan 14 11:06:24 PST 2009

I started out on a list called 'bassetopia' when hubby decided he wanted a
basset hound.  Then we got on the Daily Drool --it's about 11 years now
since I joined.  We got Samantha from a PA breeder and 2 years later got
Baxter from Basset Hound Rescue League.  I don't see a lot of the old
members around, but I hope they are doing well.  I've met many of you and am
so glad I did!  And I always enjoy the Boardwaddle road trip with Nancy G!!!
I like the stories and the advice.  I appreciated the kind notes when Sammy
went to the Bridge.  I have not been able to keep up as much this past year
with Dad's illnesses and having to put him in a nursing home.  I haven't
been able to send notes for all the houndies going to the Bridge this year,
but I have cried and sent a prayer in my heart for each one along with their
slaves.  So, try to have a Happy 2009, folks!

Dana (going back to lurk mode), Baxter, Cleo & Samantha (ATB)