[Dailydrool] Belle the back yard leav-er

Marti Gregor marti at thesewandsews.com
Wed Jan 14 17:09:18 PST 2009

Belle has always looked for the 'right " moment to  quietly and slowly WALK
away from the back yard.
 But because Belle is Belle, she never wants to be with out an audience.
 So she takes any and all dogs that live here with her.
 One time in particular we were setting up for a yard sale to benefit basset
rescues. As everyone was busy getting things ready and set to go. Some one
left the shop door open  that leads to the garage and ultimately to the
driveway and then - well you get the picture.
 She got Heide Louise( now ATB)  and Lovey Lu( now ATB) and quietly took
them across the street to the neighbors porch where they innocently all
three stood and quietly looked in the storm door at Bailey the neighbors dog
while she barked her head off at them and ran frantically around her house..
 Now picture a small basset (Belle) and a red an white basset Heide and a
fuzzy something or other all with noses to your door LOOKING at your dog-
not barking a word!!!
 Nate(Bailey's Dad) comes up my drive and i greeted him saying" HI how are
you " and honestly thinking he was coming over to BUY something. NOT return
something- or as it was SOME THINGS!!
 And he says very politely. "did you lose something?"and as i look closer i
see all 3 of MY dogs  following him ever so obediently!!!
He said he heard Bailey Barking non stop at the door - only to find MY 3
LOOKING at her.
Upon further investigation I see the door to the shop is open. I look at
Belle and and she huffs at me and walks back the way she got out and the
other 2 dogs follow her- all 3 acting very put out that the Bailey "show "
is over!!! as they walked through the shop door i close it. They go into the
yard like the dogs i treat them as and i thank Nate for returning them and
for his patience.
 I might add- Belle did this twice that weekend and the other 2 followed her
to the" Bailey show" each time! And Nate brought them back yet again!!!
 Belle LOVES to escape. And she never ever runs. She always saunters out and
eases to the side yard and then looks- and eases a bit further. If you don't
spot her she continues. It is almost like she Tip toes away. I have
purposely watched her leave. Relax- She is a dog i can call back and she
always comes! i say BELLAAAAAAAAAAAA. and she huffs and comes back. She
soooooooo knows what she is doing.
 She has kept us amused for 12.5   years. And really she has  not begun to
slow down or stop thinking of what she wants to do next. She is one smart
old girl!!!
 Marti Lady Belle and Maisie May

THE SEW and SEWS
Custom Machine Embroidery
Think Holidays- buy one Holiday stocking get 1/2 off the second...now
--Dec.12th
 We give discounts to Animal Rescue..
         <http://www.thesewandsews.com/> www.thesewandsews.com

"_You have gone ahead and nothing is the same, leaving paw prints on my
heart that will always remain."
-- Tibetan Proverb -