[Dailydrool] Big Feet and More

Jill Beniak jbeniak at cox.net
Wed Jan 14 18:48:30 PST 2009

Cyrus's, the 8 month old bloodhound I co-own and lives part time with us,
his feet measure 4 1/2 x 4 1/2.  That was with him lying down and struggling
to pull his feet away, he thought I was going to dremel his nails.  He's a
big boned boy and I'm sure they are larger when he is standing full weight
on them.  I'll measure a paw print the next time we are at the beach.

Nancy wrote:  "And I came across this on one of the country music channels:
"Move over short dog, because the tall dog's moving in", by Hank Williams."
Floyd says "yeah, tell me about it, somebody help me I have been out
numbered"

Breaking up a dog fight:  a hose or a big bowl of water if there is no hose
available is what I use.  I'd rather clean the water up from inside the
house than blood and there is usually a filled water bowl handy.  Once they
break up from the shock of being doused I grab the closest one to me by the
scruff and drag it to a crate or seperate room.

Jill Beniak
with Pretty Boy Floyd (basset), China Moon and Cyrus (bloodhounds).