[Dailydrool] (no subject)

Judy Berryhll fool4bassets at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 14 19:22:13 PST 2009

Archie and I have been noticing several Droolers mentioning their "Doxies" and wonder how many Droolers have both Bassets and Dachshunds?  It seems kind of funny that we can love a breed that is so laid back and dignified like Bassets and at the same time appreciate a feisty little ball of energy like Doxies, rude, hyperactive and total egomaniacs!
Archie, my Basset boy has been dominated by our Doxie Diva, Elsa since he came to us 3 years ago.  She set him straight right from the get go.  She charged at him (at 3 mts. he was twice her size), bit his ear and let him know she was the aplah in this pack.
He still walks way around her bed to avoid conflict, but she seems to thrive on it.
Why do we love both breeds?  I suspect most Droolers just love dogs, period.  I would appreciate hearing comments from fellow Droolers who have experienced both breeds and lived to tell.

BTW, does anyone know why the Yahoo emails have so many question marks added to them?

Archie sends wet smooshy kisses to all who have hurt feelings (it's suppose to speed up the healing process)

Judy, Archie (Quiet Elsa, isn't it time for you to take a nap?),  Elsa (You're all a bunch of wimps, you call this a pack?) and Patty our little "Whodunit", optimist and peacemaker (Can I do something to help?)