[Dailydrool] Nail Cutting Discovery

Sandy sanwhe47 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 07:42:21 PST 2009

I just wanted to share something we just discovered when we cut the hounds
nails that might help others.  Usually the DH holds the hounds and I do the
clipping and it's a real battle; I didn't think I was strong enough to hold
them.  I have small hands and my grip is not that strong so it was difficult
to cut through the tough nail.  I was having more trouble than usual
yesterday and DH took the nail cutters.  It was the difference of night and
day; I hardly had to hold the furbabies and it went really quick.  I think I
caused them discomfort because it took too long to cut the nail and the
pressure was painful whereas with Ken they instantly were clipped and didn't
hurt.  From reading all the posting on nail cutting trying to find a better
way, it sounds like a lot of the nail cutting is done by us Moms.  Many of
us may not have the hand strength necessary to clip the nails painlessly.  I
hope this is helpful to someone.

We're sending lots of drool to those in need.

Sandy W
Bea, Val, Dora, Willie,Thumpy(the Pit-Basset)
Bug and Max who are happy not being Bassets
See our family at:
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/513320