[Dailydrool] Long-Hair Basset - Maverick

Don or Pat Walzel walzel at hctc.net
Fri Jan 16 07:53:44 PST 2009

Hi...   I very seldom post, but we had a long-haired basset (Maverick) for
five years - we lost him to cancer this past October.  I picked him up at
the Pasadena, TX animal control center when volunteering for LSBHR.  He
had no hair, weighed about 20 pounds, and was cowering in the corner of
the pen.  After getting many health issues resolved, he was gorgeous. The
vet thought he was about 12 or 13 years old when he passed. He had
extremely long hair, mostly black with brown and white mixed in, weighed
70 pounds, and never got over his fear of men (except my husband).  We
really miss him...  and miss the people who would stop and ask about the
basset with long hair....  He's at the bridge now showing off his good
looks.

Pat
Blaze, Tracker, Poot and Nelson