[Dailydrool] Scooting & Pumpkin

Marilyn Bickell mbickellhounds at comcast.net
Fri Jan 16 16:50:30 PST 2009

Scooting is usually, but not always, a sign that the anal glands need
expressing. Scooting can also be a sign of parasites.
Please, pumpkin is not a guarantee to firm poops, as it can work both ways
because it's a fiber. Pumpkin has never worked for any of my dogs ~~ just
bad luck, I guess.
Another option is Psyllium which might work, but because it's a fiber, it
also might work both ways.
For Bess, Rosey, and Beaver, I give them Slippery Elm Bark; for them, it's
the only thing that works to firm poops, other than RMBs. Until I started
them on SEB, all of them needed their anal glands expressed about every 4 or
5 weeks. Rosey hasn't had to have hers expressed since September of '08, and
Bess hasn't needed hers expressed since March of '07. Althoooo, Beaver did
need his expressed a few days ago, but that was the first time since
November '08.

Marilyn, Miko (Chasing lizards in Heaven), El Queeno BessWHSE,
RoseyMaeNAFASSDDBBSSSBSAT, & (FC)Theodore CleavEar Beaver Bickell,
Fort Bragg, CA.,